Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Canning, canning, canning



I have been busy canning salsa, spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Each evening I find myself, "shopping" through the garden and deciding what to eat from the variety I find. It is a busy time but also a time for enjoying the flowers and watching things change through the season. I have already planted my Fall garden. Peas, carrots, beets, cabbages, green onions, shallots, lettuce, spinach and cilantro are all popping up their little heads. I love this time of year with the frequent rain, cooler nights and days that beg you to clean up and get ready for winter. We have even found the time to lay out under the stars!

That tomato is taller than me!

One of my favorite companion plantings Blackeyed Susan, sage, lemon grass and pumpkins.

Cucumbers, Chinese Red Noodle Bean and Marigolds.

Corn, pole beans and pumpkins.


Honey from our hives!! 
Quadruple batch of salsa.

Bushel of veggies!

Spaghetti sauce ingredients.

Evening pickings.


No comments:

Post a Comment