Friday, April 20, 2012

Learning Lessons

Over the few years I have been gardening, I try to cultivate one type of plant with perfection in mind. Last year, lettuce was my achilles' heel. I could not get it to grow. So, in retaliation, I have perfected my lettuce growing techniques. Needless to say, a few other veggies needed my attention and did not get it because I was concentrating on lettuce instead. Between bugs and a very bitter frost my broccoli, purple cabbage, cauliflower and Chinese cabbage bit the dust. Well, at least I know which veggies to work on next year. I figure if I pick one veggie per year and learn how to grow it really well then I will have a sensational garden by the time I am 60. Well, here is to ever improving and growing older and wiser.

Thriving lettuce.

Bug eaten and frost damaged....dead.

Well, at least the one behind the failure might make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment